Welcome to SharpWells K9 Hydro Centre
As a weightless bearing exercise it encourages full extension of the limbs and the heated water helps to reduce pressure on painful joints and aching muscles. Exercising dogs on hard surfaces may cause more damage to sore or swollen joints.
Hydrotherapy is an intensive but safe form of controlled exercise carried out in a clean, supervised environment.
One minute's swimming is the equivalent of a one minute brisk walk.
Sharpwell's K9 Hydro Centre is owned and run by Gareth Dunne. Gareth is a fully trained canine hydrotherapist and holds qualifications in Canine first aid and pool water management.
Some of the conditions that benefit from Hydrotherapy:
- Pre and post operative conditioning
- Hip and Elbow dysphasia
- Chronic degenerative reticulomyelopathy (CDRM)
- Spinal injuries
- Neurological Damage
- Cruciate ligament injuries
- Ligament and tendon injuries
- Relief of pain, swelling and stiffness
- Fitness (muscle building)